Sunday, February 5, 2012

Conflict Management

The Third Side presented strategies that I found very helpful.  They are "going to the balcony" and "stepping to both sides".  These methods showed me that I am on my way to becoming a more effective communicator.  Both of these skills gives each person a chance to step back and see the other persons side of the story.  This can keep conflict down when a person can truly empathize with the other.  If you take the time to stop, look and listen, this keeps everyone from jumping to conclusions and reacting on strong emotions.  When emotions become involved, then that is went conflict can escalate and become violent.
     The strategies from the conflict resolution website were also useful.  The skills presented on this website helped me to see how obstacles can become possibilities for those involved.  They also gave me insight on how to create a supportive environment for those who are involved.  These skills involve a variety of ways to help keep conflict minimal and develop a more positive with the people involved.  I plan to continue studying these skills to help me with conflict management.

 

1 comment:

  1. Listening to both sides are always important. I agree with you when you stated to "Stop, look and listen, to keep everyone from jumping to conclusions and reacting on strong emotions."
    Emotions can cause a lot of conflict.

    ReplyDelete