Friday, August 17, 2012

Time Well Spent

Throughout the course of my graduate journey I have learned many things.  For one, I learned where my true passions and goals lie, in the heart of early childhood.  I found my true passion for infants and toddlers and better understand the high quality care they need to have a successful educational experience.  Infants and toddlers is where it all began for me and this course in particular helped me understand that.  Another thing I learned is the hard work that I am willing to put in in order to provide high quality care for children and families.  Researching and understanding the issues and trends of early childhood give me a better understanding of where emphasis needed to be placed in order to help improve the field of early childhood education.  The third thing I learned was that it takes a village, literally. By working with communities and building support for children and families, making connections is important to what we do and an amazing component to providing quality experiences. 
A long term goal is to open my own high quality child development center here in North Carolina.  I understand that it will take a lot of hard work and dedication to make it successful and I plan on making it a positive experience that children and families will never forget!
I want to leave everyone with a couple of my favorite quotes. “Be the change you want to see in the world” by Ghandi and “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.  We need 12 hugs a day for growth.”  Being a preschool teacher supplied me with this so I understand how much those hugs really impact the children and adults. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for allowing me to learn from you. You really summarized how I was feeling when you mentioned that this course and program made you more aware of where your passions lie. Prior to the Capstone assignment, I did not realize how passionate I was about anti-bullying programs and equality. Good luck in everything you do. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us and I wish you all the best in your future endeavor in opening your own child development program. I believe you will accomplish this goal as you have the heart and as you stated you have the passion. Continue to believe in yourself and continue to believe in all the little people who come at you with open arms. My arms are outstretched too giving you a hug as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all you have shared throughout this course. Good luck on your goal of opening a high quality child care center in your community. It is important to get the message out to parents, families, communities and more, that learning begins at birth and high quality experiences are needed to promote healthy development.

    ReplyDelete